Tigerman McCurry was selected to renovate an aging yet architecturally significant English Tudor Country Club designed in 1928 by D.H. Burnham & Co. on Chicago’s North Shore. Tigerman McCurry proposed a new master plan with a phased design implementation allowing the club to remain in use during renovation.
The project was completed in five phases over a 6-year period. Included in the phases was a new second floor porch addition which blends seamlessly with the existing building providing the club with much needed new dining space. This phase also remodeled the first floor entrance lounge, stairs and corridors, stripping off 50’s modern intrusions and redesigning or restoring the original Gothic character. Plans also included renovation of the main dining room, existing locker rooms creation of a fitness center, restaurant and bar from under-utilized spaces, upgraded mechanical and electrical systems and code compliances.